GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
NORTH EASTERN SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE
UMIAM - 793103
Advertisement No. NESAC/RMT-JRF/11.4(IX)/2017 Dated: January 17, 2018
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) is an autonomous body set up under the joint initiative of Department of Space (DOS) and the North Eastern Council (NEC). The main function of the Centre is to provide developmental support to the North Eastern Region (NER) of our country using space science and technology.
NESAC proposes to recruit the following positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) purely on temporary basis for various projects.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
NOTE: Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while filling up online application form
Emoluments & Other benefits:
Fellowship amount: 25,000/-. In addition HRA and medical benefits will be allowed as per rules.
In addition to the above mentioned fellowship amount, HRA at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid and Medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per extant rules. The fellowship amount shall be taken as Basic pay for this purpose.
JRFs are eligible only for casual leave. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female JRFs. Apart from this, the candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will be received through on-line mode only.
- Candidates need to take print out of their online applications after final submission and will be required to produce the same at the time of interview if called.Candidate need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents.
- Please refer to the advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates are strictly advised to fill correct information very carefully in online application form.
Please keep ready the scan copy of following documents before filling the online application form:
Note: Use DPI (150-200) for scanning marksheets etc in pdf format.
- Documentary proof of all the educational qualifications starting from 10th standard onwards in PDF format as per instructions in the advertisement. The file size should not exceed 1.5 MB.
- Passport size photo in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidate signature in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Click Apply Online to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- The application format for online registration is hosted on this website from 19.01.2018. to 04.02.2018. 14:00 hrs for registering the applications.
- The mandatory fields are marked as * (asterisk) with red color. Please provide the necessary information for mandatory fields.
- A valid e-mail ID is mandatory for registration.
- Candidate may press Submit Form button once he/she finds that information supplied by him/her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When Submit Form button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated and candidate will also be receiving an email with registration details. Please note down registration number .
- Using the 'Reprint' option and on entering registration number and DOB, candidates can print their application again, if required.
No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to applications[at]nesac[dot]gov[dot]in
- Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not apply
- Applications will be through online mode only and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail/NESAC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the NESAC website from time to time. NESAC will not take responsibility for non-receipt of intimation regarding call letter/any communication due to technical reasons or whatsoever to the candidates
- The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam.
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the application along with a set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the 'No Objection Certificate', in original, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed.
- Junior Research Fellows will be engaged initially for ONE YEAR and is extendable for further periods based on assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Junior Research Fellow shall not exceed FIVE years. The fellowship will not confer any claim or right for regular appointment in any of ISRO/DOS Centres. The JRFs are purely on temporary basis for a maximum period of one year or the period of the Project whichever is earlier.
- The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for Ph.D from recognized universities and take up relevant research topic benefitting the individual and NESAC. However they have to work extra time to complete the Ph.D research. No leave is possible for Ph.D work.
- NESAC/DOS reserves the right not to fill all or any of the fellowships, if it so decides
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- 04.02.2018 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
- The prescribed experience should be after acquiring the essential qualification.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.