GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
NORTH EASTERN SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE
UMIAM - 793103
Advertisement No. NESAC/RMT-RA/11.5/2017 Dated: October 20, 2017
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) is an autonomous body set up under the joint initiative of Department of Space (DOS) and the North Eastern Council (NEC). The main function of the Centre is to provide developmental support to the North Eastern Region (NER) of our country using space science and technology.
NESAC proposes to recruit the following position of Research Associate-I (RA-I) purely on temporary basis for various projects.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the positions of Research Associate-I (RA-I)
NOTE: Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while filling up online application form
Candidates should have earned their Ph.D degree in any discipline of Science
or Technology, Their Ph.D thesis should be in the areas of Geography, Geology, Disaster Management, Urban Planning,
Geo-informatics which are relevant to the fields of research being carried out at NESAC.
Upper age limit:
35 years as on 17.11.2017 (38 years for OBC candidates and 40 years in case of SC/ST candidates.
Persons with Disability are eligible for age relaxation as per rules).
Screening of applications will be done by duly constituted Screening Committee.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make
candidates eligible for the interview. After the initial screening of the application and considering the merit of
the submitted research proposals, the candidates found suitable will be called for an interview. The call letters
for the interview to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail. No communication shall
be made to the candidates who are not short-listed/Screened-in.
Pay and Allowances:
The Research Associateship is initially for a period of ONE YEAR and is renewable annually
for a total period of two years (three years in exceptional cases). There will be a review of the progress
of the work before the renewal every year. The RA position carries an amount of 36000/- for the first year,
38000/- for the second year and 40000/- for the third year.
Candidates are also eligible for HRA as admissible to regular employees of NESAC.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will be received through on-line mode only.
- Candidates need to take print out of their online applications after final submission and will be required to produce the same at the time of interview if called.Candidate need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents.
- Please refer to the advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates are strictly advised to fill correct information very carefully in online application form.
Please keep ready the scan copy of following documents before filling the online application form:
Note: Use DPI (150-200) for scanning marksheets etc in pdf format.
- Documentary proof of all the educational qualifications starting from 10th standard onwards in PDF format as per instructions in the advertisement. The file size should not exceed 1.5 MB.
- Passport size photo in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidate signature in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Abstract of Ph.D thesis.
- List of publications
- Certificates of all the degrees
- Click Apply Online to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- The application format for online registration is hosted on this website from 23.10.2017 to 17.11.2017 14:00 hrs for registering the applications.
- The mandatory fields are marked as * (asterisk) with red color. Please provide the necessary information for mandatory fields.
- A valid e-mail ID is mandatory for registration.
- Candidate may press Submit Form button once he/she finds that information supplied by him/her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When Submit Form button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated and candidate will also be receiving an email with registration details. Please note down registration number .
- Using the 'Reprint' option and on entering registration number and DOB, candidates can print their application again, if required.
No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to applications[at]nesac[dot]gov[dot]in
- The number of positions indicated above is provisional.
- Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their online applications submitted at the time of interview.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for Interview.
- At the time of interview, the candidates are required to produce original documents of the following:
- No Objection Certificate, from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central Govt./State Govt. /PSU Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies
- Original of all certificates, mark sheets, Ph.D degree in proof of educational qualification, [Equivalency Certificate in case of foreign Degree] Proof of work experience, age, etc.
- Outstation candidates called for Interview will be paid to and fro Second Class Fare by the shortest route including reservation/sleeper charges on production of proof of journey such as Railway Tickets/Ticket Number or Bus Tickets, etc. If the candidates travel in a higher class of accommodation than the one prescribed, only Second Class rail fare excluding the reservation charges/sleeper charges will be paid.
- If any information furnished in the application is found to be incorrect or false on verification, the candidate will not be permitted to attend for interview and Travelling Allowance will not be paid.
- The Centre reserves the right not to fill up the position, if it so decides.
- Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.